Do you want to learn how to use vivid makeup colors?
If you long to use bright eyeshadow colors and bold lip colors than you are in the right place. Makeup Cocktail is not another blog about nude lips and heavy contouring. That look works for the Kardashians but not for everyone and definitely not for me.
My name is Elizabeth. I’ve been in love with makeup since I was a little girl flipping through my Mom’s Avon catalog and swiping her lipstick samples. I love bold lip colors and vivid eyeshadow combinations for my eye looks. I’m a peacock when it comes to my makeup.
My Beauty Background:
My love for makeup is so intense I’ve been Makeup Artist certified twice although it’s not my everyday job. I took an online Practical Formulating Cosmetics program through Cosmetic Chemist and also enrolled in the Natural Cosmetic Formulating so I can learn how to create my own makeup to know what ingredients are in cosmetics.
What you’ll find on this blog:
- Vivid, fun, colorful makeup looks you can wear to work. I dig the wild artsy looks on Instagram but most I couldn’t wear to an office and wouldn’t have the time to apply even if they were office friendly.
- Reviews beyond hype. Some products are not worth your hard earned money.
- Help for newbies who want to get started using bright colors but feel intimidated. Let’s get comfortable mixing a makeup cocktail that works for you!
- Real science. What are the ingredients of some of the stuff you’re putting on your face?
My Beauty Issues:
- My eyes don’t produce enough tears and so are very dry and sensitive to eyeshadows with lots of glitter or metallic textures. I also have to be very careful what types and brands of mascara I use.
- I have combination skin that can be dry and peeling in spots and mega oily in my T-zone.
- The last few months my lips have become very sensitive. This liquid matte lipstick trend seems to be drying out my lips. Certain brands seem to really irritate my lips and makes my lips burn and swell and peel.
I’ll write product reviews based on my experience and beauty issues.
Let’s Get Started:
Look around and read about my makeup experimentation successes and failures. Feel free to share active links to my blog with your friends.
Sign up for email updates, follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.